The policy applies to and is adopted by all Summit Private Wealth employees, related entities and associated companies and contractors which are subject to the Privacy Act 1988.
Personal information is defined as information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is reasonably apparent, or reasonably ascertainable from the information or opinion. Sensitive information encompasses information including health information and information about a person’s race, ethnicity, political opinion, religious and philosophical belief, sexual preferences and criminal history. In this Policy, we will refer to personal information and sensitive information collectively as personal information.
1. Information we collect?
will by fair and lawful means, collect only sufficient personal information to carry out our business activities and functions. Collection of personal information from sources other than that of the person concerned will only occur with the consent of that person. The types of personal and sensitive information KSR Private Wealth collects include:
- General contact and identification details including but not limited to date of birth, address, email address and phone numbers
- Employment history
- Personal information about your spouse and dependents
- Financial position including income and expenses
- Information about your health and medical history
- Your tax file number and relevant bank, superannuation and investment information
- Investment portfolio and financial statements
2. How will your information be collected?
KSR Private Wealth collects personal information through a variety of channels including: Directly from you:
- Via our website, client portal, telephone and email
- Via a KSR Private Wealth fact finding questionnaire
- When you attend an appointment at any of KSR Private Wealth’s premises
From other parties when:
- You consent to your information being shared by our business partner’s KSR Partners, First Point Group.
There may be other means of collecting information other than from you. KSR Private Wealth will only collect your personal information from sources other than you if it is impracticable to collect your personal information from you. Website KSR Private Wealth does not collect personal information if you only browse this website. However, servers used by KSR Private Wealth and by third parties acting on our behalf (including Google Inc. ) may send you one or more cookies, and may collect a variety of information including your IP address. This is common practice online, and occurs for the purposes of:
- Enabling you to return to pages you have already visited on our website
- Assisting us to improve search outcomes and the overall quality of our services, and
- Statistical reporting and website administration
3. Use and disclosure of personal information
KSR Private Wealth will not use or disclose personal information (other than for the primary purpose for which it was collected and except when required by law) for a purpose not related to our business activities and functions without the documented consent of the individual concerned. Any disclosures required by law will only be made after consultation with the KSR Private Wealth Privacy Officer and will be appropriately recorded. This may include disclosing your personal information to:
- KSR Private Wealth product suppliers
- Business partners including KSR Partners and First Point Group, for the purposes of further financial assistance
- Federal Government Agencies including Centrelink for administration purposes
- KSR Private Wealth insurers
- KSR Private Wealth contractors and suppliers including IT Contractors and database management companies
4. Data Quality
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of that information largely depends on the details you give us. Please let us know if there are any errors and keep us up to date with any changes.
5. Data Security
6. Access and Correction
KSR Private Wealth is happy to assist you should you request access to your personal information held by us, subject to relevant exceptions. To maintain the security of your personal and sensitive information, we may require you to prove your identity to us. The form of identification we require will depend on the nature of the personal information you seek access to. Forms of identification may include but are not limited to:
- The presentation of photo identification (e.g. passport or Australian driver’s license);
- Correct responses to qualifying questions;
- Supply of specific particulars pertaining to your identity; or
- Divulging login names and corresponding passwords.
It is not KSR Private Wealth’s policy to use the identifiers for persons used by government, other agencies or service providers.
Wherever it is lawful and practicable, persons have the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions with us.
9. Information Sharing Outside of Australia
KSR Private Wealth will only disclose personal information collected to another party in another country where it will be of benefit to that person. We will always endeavour to obtain the consent of the person concerned prior to disclosure. KSR Private Wealth will take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas located organisation we disclose your personal information to complies with the Australian Privacy Principles or is subjected to laws which are substantially similar to Australian Privacy Principles.
KSR Private Wealth will make this policy document available to any person who asks for it. On request we will let any person know generally what sort of personal information we hold for that person and for what purpose and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information.
Privacy Issues for Resolution
Any requests for personal information we may hold or any comment, clarifications and/or complaints should be forwarded to us in writing – Attention to: KSR Private Wealth Privacy Officer – firstname.lastname@example.org will investigate your request/complaint and will use reasonable endeavours to respond to you in writing within 30 days of receipt. If we fail to respond to your request/complaint within 30 days of receiving it in writing, or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may have the right, depending on the jurisdiction, to make a complaint to the applicable regulator.
This Policy is effective from 6th July 2016. KSR Private Wealth may amend this Policy at any time and from time to time. If we do amend this Policy the amended Policy will be available on our website at www.summitprivatewealth.com.au